Greenview Fire

Thanks to quick response from volunteer firefighters, the main part of a Hazle Township business was saved from flames. Firefighters arrived at Greenview Meats on Winters Avenue right around 6:30 Thursday to find flames shooting from the structure. A shed that was connected to the back of the building was burning with heavy fire.  The business was already closed for day and no one was hurt. People who live near the meat store were the ones who dialed 9-1-1. Flames spread to the rear wall and roof of the actual business, but luckily firefighters were able to stop the blaze there. Hazle township Deputy Fire Chief Jason Bridge talked with News 13 once the fire was under controlSome witnesses were saying they heard explosions coming from the building, but Deputy Chief Bridge told us that it was more likely the roof the shed caving in and windows breaking. Deputy Chief Bridge said a State Police Fire Marshal is investigating how the fire got its start and as of Friday evening there is no clear cause. The Chief did confirm the fire started in the shed and said Greenview meats was closed Friday. The USDA will need to inspect the business. 

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *